We hope your 2012 has started off well. Ours certainly has as we plan an exciting 2012 season for you.
This year we invite you to come out to the Genesee Country Village & Museum for an excellent assortment of special events including favorites as well several new events:
- This February, get up-close with owls and take an evening hike during Owl Moon on the 3rd and 4th.
- Learn about the maple sugaring process at The Maple Sugar Festival on March 17th, 18th, 24th and 25th. Be sure to make reservations for your pancake breakfast, a favorite seasonal treat.
- Join us for our 14th Annual Antique Show & Sale on April 21st. Get a sneak peak during the Friday night Preview Party)
- Opening weekend is Mother’s Day weekend when we will look at 19th Century Fashions on Saturday and give tribute to Mothers on Sunday.
- New in May is our NY Military Through the Ages Day on the 19th.
- Learn about the often forgotton War at the 200th Anniversary: War of 1812 & Jane Austen Weekend.
- Celebrate Independence Day with us on July 4th.
- The Civil War Re-enactment commemorates the second year of the War’s Sesquicentennial.
- Enjoy a Concert on the Meadow: BeatleMagic! on July 28th.
- Bring to life childhood stories with Laura Ingalls Wilder Days on August 11th and 12th.
- Immerse yourself in the sounds of the Old-Time Fiddlers’ Fair on August 18th and 19th.
- As the leaves change, celebrate the season at The Fall Festival featuring the Agricultural Fair on October 6th and 7th.
- On weekends throughout October, explore our New Corn Maze!
- Also in October, enjoy our popular Spirits of the Past Theatrical Tours and Trick-or-Treating in the Village.
- New to Preparing for the Holidays on November 24th is a New Breakfast with St. Nicholas as well as the favorite Crafts at Christmas.
- Don’t forget to schedule your Yuletide Tour and Buffet early this year. These popular festive tours run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting November 30th through December 16th.