Tuesday, April 24, 2012

From A Symposium Attendee

We received this lovely letter from a Food Symposium attendee. Thank you, Linda, for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.


Dear Genesee Country Village and Museum,
Last week I attended a joint symposium held by you and Debra Petersons Pantry. It was my first visit to Genesee and I know it won't be my last. The seminar speakers were very professional while making their individual subjects easily understood. I learned a great deal about beer, bread and cheese from a 19th century perspective, as well as some local lore.

The workshops were exceptional! Our instructors Pat and Deanna were well versed on their subjects, displayed a relaxed and friendly manner of teaching, and above all were able to transport us back in time.


The bonus was to have this fabulous seminar held in this fabulous historical museum site. My only regret was that there wasn't more time to explore the historic village, but that will bring me back again for another visit.


I have attended many seminars of this type due to my work in historical foodways and I must say that this was one of the best ever. And the gift shop is spectacular.


Everyone affiliated with the museum treated us in the most friendly way, always eager and able to help with any concern.


I had a most wonderful time and I thank all involved with making it a very memorable experience, even the snow was magical.


Sincerely,
Linda Zeigler

No comments:

Post a Comment